In this page I will explain how to install a downloaded map from this site ( aka RVM Custom Maps ).
Please bare in mind Custom Maps only works since RVM 3.0. If you have a n old version please install last from plugin inventory using the “Plugins” menu or downloading from WordPress repository.
Some users noticed issues when installing a custom map. This is a random error occurring because of conflicts with other plugins ( probably WooCommerce )!
Please temporary deactivate other plugins before installing the custom map and reactivate soon later. The issue is only on installation phase.
We’ll try to investigate further on this. If already had the issue on installation ( message : “Damned… Something went wrong ! Please check if name of the map is correct ( place just map name) or if you have uploaded the map previous month and try again uploading map now using wordpress media uploader” ) do the following:
- Search and delete the map folder + .zip file ( should be in WP uploads )
- Deactivate all other plugins but RVM
- Upload the .zip file of the map via “Media Uploader“
- Install the custom map following steps below
1) Upload the downloaded custom map using the WordPress Media Uploader
2) Copy map name ( without .zip extension if plugin version previous then 3.1 )
3) Let’s go installing this map using the “Add New Map” link in RVM menu
4) Select “Add Custom Map »” from the Select Map drop down menu
5) A new field and an “Install your map” button appears. If is not appearing, please try using another browser.
6) Paste map name into new field ( without .zip extension if plugin version previous then 3.1 ) and click “Install your map” button
7) Give a name to the post and publish it !
8) Your map is ready to be used in a widget area or via shortcode
ATTENTION: map will be not visible clicking on “view” button of the posts ! This is because the code generating the map is loaded only in shortcode ( which is used in widget area too ). This insures to use the code for the map only when needed without overloading the page.
9) Once installed, you can use as many instances of same map whenever and wherever you like !