Are you tired of default marker icon?
Ok, this is the right time to change it!
After downloading and installing this module, you’ll be able to use your favourite images for the pinpoints of your RVM map.
The module allows you to use a different image each map ( one per map ), change it or restoring the default one whenever you want.
Works from RVM version 5.3.1 onward and only in maps where explicitly written in the map features ( most of maps support markers ).
Download latest RVM version from for WordPress site
Very easy to install. Just:
- Purchase the module
- Download the module onto your computer
- We recommend to use Google Chrome and to clear the cache if using any caching system
- Be sure you have checked the “Organize my uploads into month- and year-based folders” in “Settings –> Media” (just for module installation)
- Go to “Settings –> RVM global settings” of your WordPress dashboard
- Use “Select Marker Module” to upload the module and “Install Marker Module“
- Save changes
Please, check in advance if your map supports markers in “Map features” listed in any map’s page.
After completed the installation process, you will be ready to use the Marker Module to load your image in any map created with RVM!
The module will be visible in the “Markers” tab of your RVM maps
We suggest to use image with .png or .ico format and transparent background, so to nicely overlap your map. After selected your image, just update the post to see the new marker icon on your map.
Markers’ icons on the map
And below an example of a custom icon uploaded via Marker Module.
In this example we have chosen a nice camera icon: could be a link to your travel photography sections or whatever you like.