In this page I will explain how to install a downloaded map from this site ( aka RVM Custom Maps ).
Custom Maps only works since RVM 3.0. If you have an old version please install last from plugin inventory using the “Plugins” menu or downloading from WordPress repository.
Before you start
Be sure you have checked the “Organize my uploads into month- and year-based folders” in “Settings –> Media” (just for map installation).
1) Let’s go installing a new map using the “Add New Map” link in RVM menu
2) Select “Add Custom Map »” from the Select Map drop down menu
3) Select your custom map using the “Select Map” button
4) Use the “Upload Files” button to choose your custom map bought on this site and downloaded onto your computer
5) In this example we are uploading a map of Asia
6) Now map is ready to be installed into your WordPress site : use the “Install your map” button
7) Map is correctly installed, we have green light from Nasa!
8) Just publish the post and and you are ready to customize it and use it wherever you want via a shortcode or as a widget in a sidebar
9) Shortcode is just at the top of the post. You can copy that shortcode and paste it in pages, posts or in the code using the do_shortcode() wp function. You can even use it within the editor of actual post, update , and see the map directly.
If you get a 404 just go to “Settings” > “Permalinks” and save again your settings.
This insures the system gets new post created within RVM !
10) Here we go: A beautiful clean and responsive map of Asia ready in few easy steps!
In case of any issue installing the map
- Search and delete the map folder + .zip file ( you can find it in WP uploads )
- Deactivate all other plugins but RVM
- Install the custom map following steps above